Man of Constant Leisure

"Cultivated leisure is the aim of man." ---Oscar Wilde

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Me Mine


Sick of reading my writing about myself? Surf over here to listen to me talk about myself for a while! The link takes you to a podcast about podcasts--how postmodern is that?--on which I am, of course, discussing The Princeton Review Vocabulary Minute, which I create. The podcast is called The Variety Show.

PS A CD of vocabulary songs to the first person who points out the vocabulary error I make in the interview. Hint: I was only off by one letter.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "There's 26 songs..."
    "I wrote their college guide"
    "My wife Lita..."

    Gosh, it's hard to pick one. Just kidding.

    (Why was Amber so concerned about your wife??????)

    Brains The Clown

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Blogger Tom Meltzer said...

    Brains--Fine guesses all, but not the answer the judges are looking for. I'll send you a CD all the same if you like, because they are cheap and you are good folks.

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmm, could it be "It publishes every other Monday"?

    Michele

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Tom Meltzer said...

    Michele--Certainly the grammar there is dubious, but I'm thinking specifically of a word I misused, thinking that its meaning was in fact that of a word that can be formed by changing only one letter (hint: it's a vowel) in the misused word.

    I will admit that this is a tough challenge because the misused word isn't a complete malapropism--in context one can make sense of it and perhaps, if one is stubborn enough, argue that no error was made. However, I know that it's not the word I was trying to say and I am not so stubborn--I think the word was misused.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home